Microsoft Windows Server
Microsoft is now using core-based licensing for both the Windows Server 2022 Standard and Datacenter editions:
- All physical cores in the server must be licensed.
- Servers are licensed based on the number of processor cores in the physical server.
- Licenses are sold in packs of 2 core licenses.
- A minimum of 16 cores are required to be licensed for each server.
- A minimum of 8 cores are required to be licensed for each physical processor.
License Agreement Required
- Windows Server 2022 Standard: $29 per 2-pack of core licenses
- Windows Server 2022 DataCenter: $159 per 2-pack of core licenses
Before placing an order, please contact Departmental Software for a price quote.