Microsoft Windows Server
Microsoft is now using core-based licensing for both the Windows Server 2019 Standard and Datacenter editions:
- All physical cores in the server must be licensed.
- Servers are licensed based on the number of processor cores in the physical server.
- Each license covers two cores.
- A minimum of 16 cores are required to be licensed for each server.
- A minimum of eight core licenses is required for each physical processor.
License Agreement Required
- Windows Server 2019 Standard: $26 per license
- Windows Server 2019 DataCenter: $159
Before placing an order, please contact Departmental Software for a price quote.