Where can I find the list of current VT software license agreements?
- A list of current VT software license agreements can be found at: https://www.ita.vt.edu/cmslink/legal_agreement_log1.pdf
I have reviewed the list of VT software license agreements and the software I want to purchase is not listed. What information do I need to submit with my purchase request?
- IT Procurement has developed a Software Purchase Checklist. The related forms can be found on the IT Procurement website under Forms .
Can software subscriptions be paid as Direct Payments?
- In accordance with University Policy 3220, Direct Payment Procedures 3.E.5., subscriptions include books, pre-printed materials, reprints, publishers page changes, book subscriptions, book subventions, subscription mailing list (printed or electronic), pre-recorded audio and video cassettes, conference proceedings, slide presentations, tapes, CDs and diskettes, when available only from the publisher or producer. This policy does not apply to software license subscriptions, and such purchases should not be processed via direct pay.
Can you explain the purchasing process and provide guidelines on how to submit a requisition in HokieMart?
- The purchasing process begins with the entry of a requisition into HokieMart at the department level. Please be sure to attach supporting documentation such as the vendor’s quote, license agreement for software requests, sole source form (if applicable), etc. HokieMart’s automated workflow carries the requisition to designated individuals for departmental approval. Following approval, the workflow will encumber funds and will carry the requisition through one of several channels that are appropriate to the dollar value and type of transaction being enacted.
- At the conclusion of the process, the requisition will be converted into a purchase order that will be conveyed to the supplier, and the information related to the purchase will be transmitted from HokieMart into Banner financial records.
- For a more detailed overview of HokieMart please go to http://www.procurement.vt.edu/Department/Procedures/hm_overview.html. Detailed classroom training and online user guides are available to assist new employees to learn how to operate successfully in HokieMart. This material can be found by visiting: http://www.procurement.vt.edu/HokieMart/training.html.
If the software I want to purchase is free, does the license agreement still have to be reviewed by Legal Counsel?
- In accordance with University Policy 3015, Contract Signature Policy and Procedures 3.6, IT Procurement reviews, obtains Legal Counsel review, and signs all contracts—whether or not money is involved—for computer hardware, software, testing, and maintenance. The IT Procurement Department maintains the signed original university document of record for all contracts that are processed through their office. For purchases less than the department’s delegated authority of $2,000, the department obtains Legal Counsel review, IT Procurement signs the contract (or license agreement), and the department maintains the signed original document of record.